Segment: Long Table Lunch
Air Date: 29th March 2020
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
The annual Malibu Fresh Essentials Long Table Lunch is a great reason to Rediscover Rockingham.
- The Rockingham Foreshore has undergone an extensive facelift, and is now a premiere destination.
- Guests travel from far and wide to this event – even Mark McGowan clears his schedule.
- The Long Table Lunch makes up a huge part of Rockingham’s economic and tourist strategy.
- The Lunch serves up to 250 people, offering up an incredible feast that owes its success to the generosity and creative talents of local businesses.
- Malibu Fresh Essentials has been providing the raw ingredients for the Lunch since it started.
- The menu is made in collaboration with 4 local businesses – Impressions Catering, Chandler’s Kitchen, the Steel Tree Restaurant and Bayside Barista.
- Basil from Malibu Fresh sources food from all around WA, collaborating with around 50 businesses – if you like oysters, there’s 80 dozen of them.
- Watch out for the singing waiters – you won’t want to miss them!
- Garden Island is home to an Australian Navy Base, with staff volunteering for this event.
- For more adventurous guests, head out onto the open waters in a dingy!