Segment: Inglewood Night Markets
Episode: Ep 1
Air Date: 9th February 2020
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Perth has the perfect climate for outdoor dining, and today we are exploring the Inglewood Night Markets. Located only a 10 minutes drive away from the CBD, they are a must go on Monday afternoons.
- The iconic Australian casual approach to food and outdoors eating is also reflected in regular events like these markets.
- The “come as you are” attitude is reflected all around, with people jumping off the bus on their way back from work, or straight off the gym, or coming for a chilled evening with the family.
- There’s plenty of creative options to flavour, starting from Mr Meli’s loukamades. These are traditional Greek doughnuts usually enjoyed with honey, walnuts and cinnamon - but there’s many more dressings available!
- Another must visit here is The Dirty Swine, whose owner explains that the secret of her success comes from combining some American classics like roast pork with Asian flavours like chilli and coriander.
- These markets are not only for human meat-eaters as there’s plenty of tasty vegetarian, vegan and gluten free food… and even a dogs treats stall! So there’s options for everyone at the Inglewood Night Markets, every Monday night from 6pm until the 6th of April.