Story: Welcome to AQWA
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 24 October 2021
Western Australia is home to some of the world's most incredible ecosystems and marine wildlife! Nikki ventures just 20 minutes from the Perth CBD to explore the best of WA’s marine life.
- AQWA is dedicated to generating wonder and respect for the marine life of Western Australia.
- AQWA is famous for its 3 million litre tank underwater tank. It’s Australia’s largest single aquarium with 7 species of sharks, large smooth rays, hundreds of fish and turtle.
- AQWA is one of the very few aquariums in the world that doesn’t use artificial corals in its exhibits
- Visitors can also visit the Touch Pool and touch the animals, hold starfish or pat a Port Jackson Shark.
- AQWA also offers a Glass Bottom boat adventure that will see visitors glide across the top of Australia's largest single aquarium, holding 3 million litres of water and hundreds of species of fish and other marine life.
- The Glass Bottom Boat Adventure experience takes approximately 30 minutes, and your ticket includes full-day entry to AQWA.
For more information: