Story: Perth’s Urban Breweries
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 11 July 2021
Perth is home to some fantastic and innovative microbreweries, both North and South of the Swan River. Trev takes us on a trip to some of his favourites.
- Currently, there are 90+ micro and craft brewers across WA.
- Blasta Brewery is a multi-award-winning brewery located in the rear of the Burswood complex.
- The word ‘blasta’ derives from Scottish-Gaelic, translating to the word delicious.
- The Blasta journey began with a trip around Europe and Scotland, sampling various beers.
- Their most iconic beer is called the Unbridled Unicorn, which was created to mimic the bold artwork at the front of their complex.
- Boston Brewery Co. was established in 2011 in the Great Southern region of WA and is a family-run, 100% WA business.
- Since its opening in 2019, the Boston Brewery in Vic Park venue has served delicious, Demark-brewed beers.
- The Boston Brewery’s most popular beer is their Red IPA.
- Nowhereman is situated within a little pocket of West Leederville.
- The most sort after beer at Nowhereman is called the Rhapsody XPA.