Story: A Day Out in Scarborough
Presenter: Matt Hale
Air Date: 4 July 2021
Matt Hale shows us around some of the hidden gems of his home suburb – Scarborough!
- Livid Skate Café began 7 years ago when Oska, the driving force behind the project, began making skateboards and collaborating with local artists.
- Oska chose Scarborough as the location for the café due to its close proximity to the beach and skateparks, as well as being his local area.
- The café has recently expanded to include the new Fishbowl Gallery to showcase the work of local artists.
- Soul Boardstore, located just off West Coast Highway, is run by Ross Rutherford who has been hand shaping longboards for 25 years.
- Perth bar, El Grotto, serves up Mexican street food and a serious selection of tequila down at Scarborough beach.