Story: Mandurah Bridges
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 13 June 2021
Weekend bike rides are a great way to get your heart pumping and explore some of the beautiful landscapes of WA.
- Mandurah is built around the area’s waterways. From the estuaru, which is twice the size of Sydney Harbour, to the gorgeous coastline, there are so many beautiful spaces inspired by the area’s natural environment.
- Mandurah has a few bridges, and there is a 4.5km bike trail that takes you through the heart of the city into the Samphire Wetlands.
- Head to the Mandurah Visitor Centre to pick up a map of the area and chat to the friendly staff, who will point out the highlights along the ride.
- If you’re riding with kids, stop at the playground, then check out the iconic loveheart statue.
- The floral swing mural is a great Instagramable spot. The local community group, Shape Mandurah, transformed this old boring laneway into a beautiful stop.
- Osprey Park has a massive nature play area for the kids, and is the perfect place for a BBQ lunch.
- Park your bike and spend some time exploring Samphire Cove on foot. The shallow waters of the saltmarsh are an important roosting and feeding area for the birds that migrate to Mandurah every year from Northern Asia and Alaska.
- The shared pathways on this bike track loop back around to the start of the trail.