Story: The Subiaco Tram
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
Air Date: 13 June 2021
A great attraction for young and old – explore the Subiaco and Kings Park area in style on a beautiful old tram.
- The Subiaco Tram, nicknamed Ruby, is a free tram service running between Subiaco, Kings Park and Shenton Park. Arriving each hour at the Subiaco train station from Tuesday to Saturday, this is a unique ride.
- If you have a dog, don’t worry – they’re allowed on the tram!
- Run entirely by volunteers, including the drivers and friendly tram hostesses like Judith.
- The tram is funded by local businesses, and is the result of an amazing and innovative act of generosity by Niki Peinke.
- Getting off the tram is simple – simply ring the bell anywhere along the route.