Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 6 June 2021
Dwellingup is a thrill-seekers playground, there are so many ways to get your heart racing! Nikki takes us through the most spectacular mountain biking trails Dwellingup has to offer.
- Dwellingup is a stunning country town 90minutes from Perth.
- The name Dwellingup is the Noongar word meaning “Place Near Water”. Featuring Lane Poole Reserve and the Murray River nearby, it’s recognized as a sacred, spiritual dreaming place.
- It was originally established as a timber mill town in the late 19th century with an abundance of natural hardwoods in the area, such as Jarrah Marri and Blackbutt.
- Dwellingup is located where the Bibbulmun hiking track and Munda Biddi mountain biking tracks meet. Making it the perfect town for adventure lovers.
- Dwellingup is an award-winning town, recently earning itself the title of WA’s Top Small Tourism Town.
- The Lost Eden Gallery in Dwellingup features many art pieces from talented local artists, drawing inspiration from the tranquillity of the forest and nature around them.
- The Visitor Centre offers an immersive experience for all visitors, featuring state of the art technology, virtual reality experiences, interactive touch maps, information screens and the iconic, fully restored, 1938 Mack Truck fire tender.
- The stunning Murray Valley Mountain Bike Trails boast over 35kms (soon to be 50kms) of bespoke built dirt trails, which cater for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders.
For more information: