Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 23 May 2021
The town of Pinjarra is an hour drive south of Perth and makes for an idyllic weekend getaway.
- Pinjarra is a small town located on the banks of the Murray River. It’s got a thriving arts scene, heritage buildings and is home to WA’s best meat pie.
- The buildings in Pinjarra are some of the eldest in the state, like St John’s Church, which was built in 1860.
- Pinjarra is in the heart of farming country, and the eateries there are making great use of the fresh, local produce available to them.
- There’s a collection of houseboats on the Murray River that are available for hire, giving you the opportunity to slowdown and enjoy the scenery.
- The River Pub Trail includes Pelican’s Café, Sandy Cove Tavern, Jetty’s Bar and Grill, and the Ravenswood Hotel. It can be completed by car or houseboat if you so choose.
- The Ravenswood Hotel is a great place to stop for the night if you’re looking to do the trail over a few days.
For more information, head to