Story: Checking Your Vehicle’s Road Worthiness
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 23 May 2021
Road trips are a great way to explore WA, and it’s important to check your vehicle’s road worthiness before going on one.
- Make sure your vehicle is up to date with servicing. If it’s not, book one in before you hit the road.
- Check that your tyres have enough air in them. The placard inside the door will tell.
- The tread on your tyres should be 1.5mm or deeper. It might be time to get them replace if they’re looking bald.
- Ensure you have a spare tyre that’s in good condition, so you don’t get stranded somewhere without one.
- Visit to transport.wa.gov.au and check out their vehicle maintenance checklist.
For more information, head to