Story: Mid-Week Visits & Accessibility
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 23 May 2021
Whiteman Park is one of those locations that are so easy to fall in love with, full of great opportunities for mid-week recreation.
- There’s more than 14kms of dual use pathways to get around the park and enjoy the serenity.
- Accessibility is important at Whiteman Park, with easy ramp access to the trams and museums.
- Pia’s Place was named after Pia Maeve and is an all-abilities play space that’s been designed to get everyone involved. Most activities are wheelchair accessible, including the rocker & tunnels.
- The Changing Places toilet is a purpose-built facility for those members of the disability community.
- The Guerilla Hub Kiosk is open 7 days a week, serving great coffee and delicious food. If you’re coming here from the dog park, your playful pooch can come along.
- This is a great place to visit during the week – the museums are open & cafes are open and the trams are running.
For more information, head to