Story: El Questro
Episode: Kimberley Special
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane and Carmen Braidwood
Air Date: 21 May 2021
El Questro is often referred to as "The Heart of the Kimberley" with its vast and ancient landscape. This destination offers visitors the freedom to experience true untamed natural beauty.
- El Questro is a Kimberley icon located on the famous Gibb River Road.
- There are numerous ways to explore the magical landscapes of El Questro, such as through a guided walking tour, 4WD, scenic air tour, or the self-guided hiking or 4WD trails.
- The daily tours collect guests from El Questro, Emma Gorge, El Questro Station and El Questro Homestead.
- Travelers can choose to take a scenic fixed-wing or helicopter from Kununurra or Wyndham to El Questro, or from El Questro over the Kimberley's most iconic natural attractions.
- People camping can stay at the Black Cockatoo campsite, close to ‘The Station’, or at private campsites dotted along the river.
- At Emma Gorge, the tented cabins offer a comfortable stay, with an on-site restaurant, bar and swimming pool.
- At the Homestead, a small number of guests stay in luxury overlooking the Chamberlain River.
For more information: https://www.australiasnorthwest.com/