Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 10th January 2021
The Cocos Islands are a unique culinary destination where visitors get the chance to not only try the local cuisine but learn how to cook it too.
- There are many fantastic places to eat out during your stay at the Cocos Islands, including Saltmakers by the Sea and the Cocos Club.
- Cocos Islands District High School students, alongside Home Island elders, present the Rasa Cocos experience to visitors.
- Rasa Cocos gives guests the opportunity to learn to cook and taste traditional Cocos Malay food.
- The program allows the Cocos Island students to share their culture and practice speaking English.
- There’s a range of Cocos Malay cuisines you can enjoy, including Green Pandan pancakes with coconut filling, curry puffs and coconut water.
For more information, head to