Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 3rd January 2021
Fishing in the azure waters of Christmas Island is an incredible experience that you’re unlikely to forget.
- Dan Luke has been running his own fishing charter out of Flying Fish Cove for the last 2 years.
- There’s an abundance of pelagic fish that live along the coast of Christmas Island, like sailfish, blue marlin and black marlin.
- The species that are predominantly targeted by fishermen at Christmas Island are yellowfin tuna and wahoo.
- The ‘GT Farm’ is where many fishermen come to clean their catch. Giant trevally have learnt to hang around there for an easy feed.
- For the best advice and gear, drop into Shore Fire and have a chat to Mark. While you’re there, you can even pick up some locally caught fresh fish.
For more information, head to