Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 27th December 2020
With clear turquoise waters and a diverse range of fish, the Cocos Keeling Islands are the ideal fishing destination.
- Start by seeking advice from the Visitors Centre. Visit their website to find a tour operator that will ensure you end up having exhilarating fishing experience.
- Fly fishing is where you float a lure over the water with a feather-light line and land it in front of the fish.
- There are many beautiful and unique species of fish found in the Cocos Islands, like triggerfish, skipjack trevally and bonefish.
- At first, it’s about getting your technique right. After a while, it’s more about targeting the spot you want to drop the fly.
- Fly fishing is a tranquil, peaceful activity until you hook a fish. They are powerhouses of energy and you have to hold on tight as you slowly work them back into shore.
For more information, head to