Story: Victoria Park
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 29th November 2020
Victoria Park has all the makings of a great day out, with fantastic shopping, amazing street art and international eats.
- Victoria Park is walking distance from the Carlisle train station, making it easy to catch public transport there.
- The town was established in the late 19th century. It was thought to be named after Queen Victoria, as it was at the time of her Diamond Jubilee.
- Centred around Archer Street, Carlisle has plenty of old-time charm and quirky hidden gems.
- Café Bella Rosa has been a staple of Archer Street for over 11 years, serving delicious Italian classics 7 days a week.
- Carlisle is home to some incredible local artwork, like Conjunction by Andrew Kay and Call of Nature by Melski.
- The Carlisle Collective is a unique warehouse co-op hub in the heart of Carlisle, with great shops like Botany on Oats, Wild Oats Coffee Co. and JoJo’s Vintage Pop.
- At the newly completed Zone 2X, you can go for a stroll or let the kids loose on the nature play area.
- There’s a number of upgrades and projects planned in Carlisle over the next few years.
For more information, head to