Story: The Miners Pathway - Mt Magnet
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Air Date: 15th November 2020
Carmen begins her journey across the state’s golden outback, starting at the town of Mt Magnet.
- Mt Magnet was named in 1854 after the magnetic ironstone that affected surveyor’s compasses.
- The rocks in the area are thought to be some of the oldest in the world.
- The Mining and Pastoral Museum has some great exhibits showcasing Mt Magnet’s rich history.
- There’s an incredible array of spectacular natural attractions around Mt Magnet like the Amphitheatre, which was once an ancient waterfall.
- The Granites is a 10-minute drive out of town. You’ll find many caves and rocky outcrops that are worth taking the time to explore.
- The Aboriginal rock art you’ll see at the Granites dates back 9,000 years.
For more information, head to: