Segment: Fine Wine Trail
Air Date: 23rd February 2020
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
The Swan Valley, WA’s oldest wine growing region, is home to more than 40 world-class wineries, and there is a new wine trail that stops by 11 of the very best.
- Vines were first planted in the Swan Valley in 1829, and turned out the region’s first commercial vintage within just 5 years.
- The Swan Valley Fine Wine Trail takes you on a tasting journey through the valley – all you need to do is download the map, and you’re away.
- The 11 producers selected for the Fine Wine Trail have won trophies at the Singapore Airlines Swan Valley Wine show.
- Sittella is home to some beautiful Chenin Blanc, and the Granache from along the golden mile is incredible. Their wines are made using exciting varietals, and they are adapting their range as the climate changes.
- The Fine Wine Trail takes you through large estates, as well as smaller vineyards that have been run by the same family for generations, such as Pinelli Estate Wines.
- Some cellar doors on the trail offer some very special experiences – Faber Vineyard is a beautiful family run vineyard, and they offer guests a full grape to glass experience.
- The Swan Valley is a fantastic area, home to breweries, cideries, distilleries, and a meadery – and on top of that, there’s some fantastic chocolate, honey and gourmet food. It’s the perfect place for a weekend trip.
Download and view the Fine Wine Trail Brochure 2020 (pdf)