Segment: Summer in Vincent
Episode: Ep 2
Air Date: 16th February 2020
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
The City of Vincent comes to life during the summer months, and is the perfect destination for the whole family.
- Free Pop Up Play spaces are popping up all around the City of Vincent, with a pump track in the Britannia Reserve being one of the more popular attractions.
- The water park in Hyde Park is fantastic, with shade sails, plenty of grass, and lots of free parking – it’s open from 8am to 8pm each day.
- The area is full of great coffee and cake shops – in a short walking distance from Hyde Park, you’ll find institutions such as Tarts, and newcomers like Sayer Sisters.
- Just a little further down the street lies the restaurants and bars of William and Beaufort Street – always great options.
- The grand dame of Perth swimming pools, Beatty Park, was built in 1962 for the Commonwealth Games.
- Not just a swimming destination, Beatty Park has been home to a number of concerts – even the Jackson 5 have performed here!
- Beatty Park’s recent renovations means it continues to be on the list of WA’s very best swimming pools.