Segment: Discover Rockingham – Food Tour
Episode: Ep 2
Air Date: 16th February 2020
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Feast your eyes on some culinary delights. Just 45 minutes drive or train ride from South Perth, the picturesque Rockingham is home to some premier dining destinations with uninterrupted views of what is arguably the best beach in metro WA.
- Our first stop was the ‘healthy option’, WA’s first 100% gluten free café, Bayside Barista. They have a full all-day breakfast and lunch menu as well as a range of cakes, slices and deli options.
- Bayside Barista is known for its fresh café style breakfasts and lunches, using almost entirely local produce.
- Latitude 32 is known for its incredible beachfront location, as well as it’s incredible selection of gourmet food.
- Latitude 32 showcases WA seafood – in fact, over 95% of the food is locally sourced, including Geraldton lobster tails and Margaret River steaks.
- The staff at Latitude 32 take their jobs very seriously, and are extremely knowledgeable about the food they’re serving.
- Over 140 people live in Rockingham, coming from 61 different countries. This translates to the food found in the area.
- Lavoro Italiano is a family favourite restaurant, with pizzas made completely in house – all the way from the bases to the sauces.
- This is an extremely popular venue, serving up honest Italian cuisine with some of the cheapest beer prices you could hope to find in a restaurant.