Story: The Comedy Lounge
Airdate: 13 October 2019
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
The Comedy Lounge is an inner-city venue that is attracting some of the world’s very best comedy stars.
- The Comedy Lounge is where many of Australia’s funniest household names got their start, and it’s just moved into a purpose-built location on Murray Street.
- For local comedians, this is a great place to perform – the venue’s owner travelled the world checking out comedy clubs, and combined all the best elements in his own club.
- The comedians performing at the club are consistently raising the quality of their material, especially as some huge comedians such as Jim Jeffries and Chris Rock have performed at the same venue.
- Thursday night’s After Work Laughs are the perfect alternative to the same old bar you always visit at the end of a long day.
- The calendar is absolutely packed at the comedy lounge, with events almost every day of the week.
- The Lounge hosts clean comedy events during the school holidays, which are growing in popularity amongst the young ones.
- The Lounge is available for functions and fundraisers and would be the perfect place for your office Christmas party.