Story: Karijini Eco Retreat
Airdate: 8th September, 2019
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Chrissy discovers the multi-award winning Karijini Eco Retreat in the heart of the Karijini National Park.
- Karijini in the heart of the Pilbara, is a tourism destination two and a half billion years in the making. It is dusty, amazing and gorgeous.
- At the Western end of the park, within walking distance of Joffre Gorge is Karijini Eco Retreat.
- A new dimension in nature-based tourism; the lodge is an ecologically sound development with a minimal environment footprint.
- Karijini Eco Retreat offers affordable accommodation options complete with an outback style alfresco restaurant and bar open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are also BBQ facilities for self-catering.
- The menu on offer at the restaurant has a uniquely Australian flavour, with Head Chef Glaiza Marie Victor having completed a large portion of her training with a bush tucker expert. The holy grail of the retreat is the seared gnocchi with native sage caramelized butter.
- In the evenings the lodge staff run star gazing nights, complete with high-tech hardware, laser pointers and entertaining commentary.
- With glamorous camping, comfortable beds, showers and views from every angle, along with incredible food, the Karijini Eco Retreat has to be a bucket list destination.