Story: Lestok Tours – Karijini Gorge Tour
Airdate: 8th September, 2019
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Chrissy takes us on a tour of Karijini National Parks, and shows us the epic natural landscape.
- Lestok Tours is your one stop tour provider in the Pilbara. The vehicles are comfortable, and the passionate guides want to share their knowledge and love of the region.
- There is no better way to get a great overall experience of the Karijini National Parks diverse gorges, waterholes, lookouts, vegetation and wildlife in one day.
- The park itself is just over 600,000 hectares.
- It took Mother Nature 2.5 billion years to make the gorges layer by layer. Every layer you see is 10,000 years old!
- Take your time walking down into the gorges and make sure you notice the incredible views.
- Handrail Pool is beautiful and a spot for swimming, but the water is really cold.
- In-between stops call into the Visitors Centre, which is a work of art in itself. Grab some information, a drink and have some lunch.
- Next stop is Dale’s Gorge. It is 287 steps to the bottom, and once there you can choose from 3 permanent fresh water swimming pools to cool off in. The water in Fern Pool is sourced from deep below the gorges underground and is invigorating to swim in. It is the perfect backdrop to a gorgeous day in Karijini.
- Everything about this adventure will take your breath away, even the Silver Perch that nibble your toes in the water.
Be sure to book your tour of Karijni with Lestok Tours today.