Story: Karratha by Air
Airdate: 1st September 19
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Chrissy shows us Karratha by Air.
- Karratha is one of the most isolated towns in WA, better known for its mining and red dirt. Take a helicopter tour of the area to get a better understanding of what the area has to offer.
- Fly over Karratha City, which thanks to Royalties for Regions has become a thriving liveable city in our North.
- You will fly over the busiest port in WA, which services the North West’s mining industry.
- The natural gas operations look more like a space station from the air.
- Around the corner from all of that is Karratha’s surf break, lying off one of the 42 islands that make up the Dampier Archipelago.
- From the air you can see giant Manta Rays and Turtles, if you are lucky you may also see migrating whales.
- If travelling by air isn’t your thing, take a short drive out to Hearson’s Cove, a beautiful beach covered in millions of tiny rocks and shells. A lovely sheltered cove, Hearson Cove is a popular swimming and picnic area all year round.
For more information visit,