Story: Our Swan River
Airdate: Ep 3, 28 July, 2019
Presenter: Quentin Long
Perth is one of the few citys in Australia with stunning waterways around it and Quentin discovers our beautiful Swan River by water.
- For local Western Australians, the river is the greatest expression of their fortunate life – a pristine healthy waterway that gives a sense of vitality.
- As it is today, so it once was. The Swan’s bountiful marine life and fertile shores created a bountiful life for the Indigenous Noongar people who have lived along the banks of the Swan for more than 40,000 years.
- The Swan was given its name but Willem de Vlamingh (he also named Rottnest) in 1697, no prizes for guessing his inspiration.
- From the water Fremantle’s historical precinct looks and feels different. It’s grander, more awe inspiring and magnificent.
- Experiencing the rivers beauty by cruising with Captain Cook Cruises is one of the best ways to experience the waterway.
- You can jump on board the lunch cruise, departing Perth to Fremantle return, or jump on in Fremantle after a morning exploring historical Fremantle
- It is from the water you can truly appreciate the diversity of this great city. How beautiful is the waterway with sailing boats, people fishing swimming and just enjoying the beauty of this stunning waterway.