Story: My Mandurah
Airdate: Ep 3, 28 July, 2019
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Nikki joins the team and shows us her favourite places in her home town of Mandurah.
- Mandurah is a great spot to get away for a day trip or extended mini break, and in the cooler months sometimes it is one of the best times to visit.
- On any weekend here in Mandurah you’ll be able to eat and drink your way through the award winning restaurants and bars, check out world class talent at the Mandurah arts centre and if you’re lucky get amongst one of the wildly popular festivals that so often pack out the foreshore.
- Mandurah means “meeting place” in Nyungar, which seems fitting for a place with such a great vibrancy and community.
- There are many family friendly activities you can have in Mandurah and why not try cruising with the multi-award winning, Mandurah Cruises. Their boats are also fully enclosed and run in the calm Peel-Harvey Estuary, enabling you to cruise year-round.
- The waterways are also home to the largest residential population of Indo-Pacific Bottle Nose Dolphins in Western Australia, with over 80 calling the waters home.
- Ride your bike around of the many trails that take you from the city to wetlands and along the coastline, to soak up some of the ocean views Mandurah is famous for.