Story: Beach to Bush
Airdate: Ep 2, 21 July, 2019
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
A great way to take in the WA coastline is on a road trip. Carmen takes us from Mindarie up to Yanchep to experience the beautiful white sandy beaches, cafes and bushwalks the area has to offer.
- Starting off in the lovely Mindarie Marina, there is so much to do!
- A stay at the Marina Hotel will have you waking up to a gorgeous view of the Marina itself.
- Hire a paddleboard or a bike or go fishing
- Grab a bite to eat at the award winning Indian Ocean Brewing Company or any of a number of cafes and restaurants at the Marina
- There are 15 known shipwrecks off the Wanneroo coast, you’ll be able to spot at least 4 of them from Mindarie to Yanchep
- An easy way to find these shipwrecks is with the Discover Wanneroo app. A completely interactive way to find out more information about the wrecks along the Sunset Coast, The app will lead you on other historical and walking trails too.
- A great way to round out your day shipwreck hunting is at Shore Haven in Alkimos
- Go bush at Yanchep National Park, there is so much to see and do! You can even have farm gate experience and pick ‘pick your own’ when the season is right.
- The Trees Adventure lets you fly over the trees on a zip line, check out Yanchep’s famous underground limestone caves or go for a wander on one of the many walk trails, such as the Yaberoo Budjara and 10th Light horse trails.
- A 45-minute drive from Perth, Yanchep is a great option for an easy road trip rich with history and nature; you really can choose your own adventure!
- Or for some adrenaline filled experiences, check out all the action at Barbagello raceway!
Plan your road trip adventure today!