Story: Local Insights ‐ Lake Argyle
Airdate: Ep 2, 21 July, 2019
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Lake Argyle is Australia’s biggest body of fresh water. Chrissy Morrissey takes us on a tour through this Jewel of the Kimberly.
- There are so many amazing experiences to have in our local regions and sometimes the best way to experience them is with your local tour operators.
- Sydney Harbour supports about 4 million people and Lake Argyle is around 20 times the size and supports only 45 people!!
- The dam wall which supports the lake is 90 metres tall and 300 metres wide at the base.
- A tour helps to bring the history of the lake alive, but also help you get up close with the wildlife in the area.
- It is a very unique habitat for the animals with the lake housing over 20 thousand crocodiles
- Check out tours and more experiences in the Kimberly region by heading to www.youreveryday.com.au