Story: Swan Settler’s Market
Airdate: Ep 1, 14 July 2019
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
The Swan Valley has some of our best tourism experiences in WA, just outside of Perth CBD. Trevor heads to the Swan Settler Markets to meet local makers and artisans.
- If you love a market, you must head to the Swan Settler’s Market one weekend, open Saturdays and Sundays from 9-5pm.
- You’ll find everything here from art, to wine, to gin, to fresh produce most likely picked on the day of the market.
- The markets are housed in a stunning building, established back in 1913. Located at 124 Leonard Street, Herne Hill WA, it is the perfect place to discover new things!
- Much of the products on offer at the Markets are made by the exhibitor, so you have a chance to talk to the artisan who created it with their own hands, getting the story behind the craft.
- Bringing the kids along? Great! There are stalls and activities for them too, including a petting zoo with the sweetest bunnies you’ll ever meet.
- The Swan Valley remains one of Perth’s most underrated attractions, with so much going on in the region and the markets just another reason to make your way out there.