Story: Como the Treasury
Airdate: Ep 1, 14 July 2019
Presenter: Quentin Long
Did you know there’s a hotel in Perth that was awarded the 2nd best hotel in the world in 2016? Quentin visits Como the Treasury to find out why it’s one of the best.
- Upon opening in 2016, the Como was immediately hailed as a grand historic hotel without peer in Australia.
- Once home to government departments and now known as the State Buildings, lay derelict for 20 years before an 8 year, 110million dollar restoration project.
- During the project, they amazingly managed to save 95% of the original materials of the building. For example, 3000 individual Jarrah floor boards were removed, reconditioned and then returned to their original place in the building!
- 60,000 individual slate tiles were imported from Wales to completely match the original designs of the building. It’s this level of meticulousness that sets the Como apart!
- Not only is it a top hotel, but it’s a precinct and destination in its own right, with several of Perth’s best restaurants in residence, artisan producers, shops, a barber and a magnificent pool.
- The rooftop restaurant Wildflower takes its inspiration from the Noongar six seasons and was recently awarded two hats by the Good Food Guide.
- Australia’s most celebrated chef of Thai food has opened his renowned Long Chim restaurant in the basement and if you’re after something quick & delicious, pop into the Long Chim Tuck Shop.
- Como the Treasury is set right in the heart of Perth on St. Georges Terrace, with an elegant and flawless aesthetic.
- The Como prides itself on its unparalleled service and attention to detail, giving every guest a bespoke experience.
- Next time you’re in Perth, book into Como the Treasury for the ultimate city hotel experience.
Ph: (08) 61687888