Segment: OPTUS Stadium
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
TX Date: 17th February 19
Perth’s OPTUS Stadium, sitting on the banks of the Swan River with a blockbuster events calendar.
- The 60,000 seat Optus Stadium was designed to maximise the proximity to the Swan River.
- Visitors to the Stadium and surrounding Stadium Park can also access the venue by jetty, in addition to train and bus
- The Stadium Park is open 365 days and is very popular with families. There are six nature playgrounds for children of all ages, bbq and picnic facilities, public art and a network of walking and cycling tracks linking to the Swan River paths.
- Winding its way through the parklands is the boardwalk, connecting the spectacular new bridge with the northern oval.
- The City View café offers sweeping views of the river and CBD and is open seven days a week from 7-3pm, offering all-day dining options.
- If you are wanting something a little bit more exclusive to diner, why not try the Goodwood. Fine dining at its best and only available if you have a ticket to an event.
- Special behind the scenes Stadium tours operate on non-event days from the Rebel Store, with 4 tours a day and provide fans with access throughout the state-of-the-art Optus Stadium. Tour participants will enjoy seeing player change rooms plus walk on the playing surface.
- Event on or no event on, Optus stadium is a great location to get out and enjoy the fresh air and take in the beautiful sights of the city and Swan River.