Segment: Fremantle, a maritime city with spirit and soul
Presenter: Christina Morrissy & Carmen Braidwood
TX Date: 17th February 19
Our port city is over flowing with liveliness, colour and arts and culture and Chrissy and Carmen explore the Freo to discover the spirit and soul of the city.
- Fremantle is the gateway to the sea and river, a port town with many opportunities.
- Its soul is its arts and culture scene combined with its heritage buildings and live music, it is a bustling location to be explored.
- There are unique shopping experiences within the port city, from the highend to unique boutique opportunities such as Kailis Pearls, Morrisson, Terrace Men, Many 2.0, Remedy, Compendium, Kakulas sisters, Japingka Art Gallery and lets not forget the ever famous Fremantle Markets!
- Explore the colourful and vibrant street art of the area and marvel at old heritage buildings, you never know what you will find in some of them.
- Boutique breweries, old pubs and new pubs.. there is always something for everyone in Fremantle with its amazing small bar and foodie scene. Experience the delicious dishes of places such as Bread in Commo, Strange Company, Who’s your mumma and Vin and Oli. Or stop in to quench your thirst at locations such as Whisper wine bar, Little Creatres Brewing, The National Roof top bar or Ronnie Nights and this is just naming a few!
- If you are looking for a place to amuse the kids while you are shopping then check out the Esplanade youth Plaza, Ferris Wheel and the Fishing boat harbour.
- Enjoy the sights of the Fremantle Fishing Boat harbour and some of the best Seafood and fish and chips in WA or walk over to Bathers Beach and enjoy having your toes in the sand as you sip a drink on one of the beach Lounges, the only location in Perth where you can do this on the door step of the city!
- The spirit of Freo keeps ticking over well after the sun goes down, so get out and explore our port city and become one with the spirit of Fremantle.