Broadcast Date: 29/3/2014
Presenter: Dan Paris
If you’re thinking of taking a trip to the pinnacles you can’t drive past Jurien Bay. The pinnacles are best viewed late afternoon so why not stick around and enjoy what must be one of the best seaside stays in WA.
Jurien Bay your weekend away.
- Jurien Bay is a sleepy little fishing town with a first rate crayfish industry and some amazing snorkelling and diving spots; enhanced by plentiful marine life, sheltered reef and underwater caves.
- Join a fishing charter for close encounters with visiting sea lions, dolphins and, during the migration season from June to December, graceful humpback whales.
- Be sure to visit the Lobster Shack for tours joining the crew of the “Shack Attack” for a taste of WA’s exceptional Rock Lobster industry.
- Stockyard Gully National Park boasts a few caves some of which aren’t open to visitorsfor safety reasons, but the park itself hosts some great flora and fauna, walking tracks and some real four wheel drive track.
- The 300m cave is covered by a sandy floor. The more adventurous will enjoy the challenge of the smaller caves which require a little more manoeuvring to get through. Look out for the colonies of bats as you make your way through the caves.
- To get your perfect 9 hours like Dan head over to Pinnacles Edge Resort. Mention you are a Destination WA viewer to receive a Spa Suite Weekender at the price of $450 for the 2 night stay including cooked Sunday Buffet Breakfast.