Title: Whiteman Park- wildflowers & trees
Broadcast: 13th May 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Whiteman Park is like no other place in WA. It is full of beautiful wildlife and home to the transport heritage. There’s the Explorer bus, the train, Vintage tram and tractor museum. There’s a lot to do at Whiteman park and the setting amongst native bushland is stunning.
- Whiteman Park is 10 times larger than King’s Park & and home to transport heritage
- The Wunanga Bush Trail is one of three nature trails here. This is a 4.3km long loop running through the 9725-acre land.
- Whiteman Park is home to 400 plant species
- The park is situated on Bassendean sands and due to the plants adapting for tens of thousands of years, it means there are flowers all year round.
- If you take anything, make sure it’s just a photo. If you leave anything, make sure it’s just your footprint. This way, everyone can enjoy this award-winning park.
P: (08) 9209 6000