Broadcast: 12 June 2016
Presenter: Matt Hale
In this segment Matt takes you around Perth with his eight-year-old golden retriever to show us some dog-friendly activities.
- There are lovely dog parks all over Perth.
- Riverside Gardens in Bayswater is one of the many great dog parks that offers hectares of greenery. There’s also a doggy beach, and barbecues for the humans.
- Pet Lovers Café in Maylands, is owned by Natalie Goodall and her husband.
- They wanted to open somewhere where you could take your pet to have a meal.
- The menu includes a Bark-A-Latte, which is a lactose free milk that is okay for dogs with a special in-house-made treat sprinkled on top.
- There are also birthday cakes made by Go Fetch Bakery.
- They also cater for birthday parties every weekend with high tea platters with all human grade ingredients.
- The café also offer training on weekends for timid and high energy, as well as an on-site groomer.
- There is a café at the front of the shop that is pet free that offers a full café menu.
- You can also join the dogs in their area if you do not have your own dog.
For more information visit their website