Episode: Summer Special
Broadcast: 28th November 2015
Presenter: Rayne Embley
Just a short drive from the City of Perth, our beautiful coastline comes alive and reveals the perfect holiday getaway: Rockingham!
- Just a 40-minute drive South of Perth, the City of Rockingham attracts residents who want to enjoy an excellent quality of life by the seaside.
- Rockingham is where the coast comes to life. Go snorkeling, sailing, or surfing at the beautiful beaches, or try the jetties for fishing and crabbing. Rockingham has a number of beaches safe for children.
- Go swimming with the wild dolphins when you take a tour out to the dolphin pods offshore, or do a dolphin watch tour. The dolphin watch vessel has been designed for you to get as close to the dolphins as possible in comfort and safety. It features a viewing platform at the front where the dolphins ride just beneath your feet.
- You can also just relax in the clear sheltered water of the Cockburn Sound or nearby Point Peron for some scuba diving.
- Take the ferry out nearby Penguin Island to see the gorgeous fairy penguins up close. Penguin Island is home to about 1,200 little penguins, Penguin feeding and expert commentaries are conducted at 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm daily.
- The island is also a very important nesting, feeding and roosting site for over 50 species of seabirds and a rare nesting site for a rare Australian sea lion. You can visit the interpretive centre to gain an understanding of the diminutive birds.
- Today Rockingham has ample shops for shopping enthusiasts as well as plenty of restaurants, cafes and pubs.
- Consider improving your quality of life and make the move to the City of Rockingham.
Contact: City of Rockingham – 9528 0333