Broadcast: 23rd October 2015
Presenter: Caty Price
Matso’s is Kimberly’s award winning microbrewery. From their famous Ginger Beer to what could be the hottest beer in the world, Matso’s Chili Beer, they have become renowned for pushing boundaries and redefining beer. With an eclectic style of its own, Matso’s is as unique as Broome itself.
- Tourist and locals alike flock to the brewery for the relaxed vibe and delicious food. It is the perfect place to unwind and take in the sights and sounds of Broome.
- There is always something seasonal or experimental brewing. Matso’s uses the finest natural ingredients and traditional time honoured brewing techniques to create a unique range of beers.
- Matso’s distinctive and artistic style is evident throughout the brewery. From the art to their logo, which is a well-known Japanese symbol with three meanings: To Store, To Live and Raw.
- This building’s history is as eclectic as the brewery’s range of beers. Built in 1910, during the boom of the pearling industry, it was originally Broome’s first bank. In 1967, it became a local store called Matso’s and the original sign still hangs in the brewery. 20 years later, Lord Alistair McAlpine restored the building and had it moved to its current location.
- Today, Matso’s is more than just a brewery as they also serve upmarket pub grub with a wide range of tasty things on offer like Beetroot and Quinoa salad, Cone Bay barramundi, Fremantle sardines, Exmouth prawns and the award winning steak sandwich. It is like WA on a plate. You can even pair beers with your meal, so you can enjoy the best of Matso’s has to offer. Definitely a must visit if you are coming to Broome.
Matso’s Brewery: Contact – 08 9192 7751
Website - http://www.matsos.com.au