Broadcast: 2nd November
Presenter: Tod Johnston
Somewhere quiet, in the hills east of Perth is a very special place. We know this place as Kalamunda, the Nyoongar translation is “home in the forest”.
- A great way to get a feel for Kalamunda is to start at the Kalamunda Cultural Precinct.
- Another highlight would be the Kalamunda History Village and it’s fascinating. A collection of Kalamunda’s significant buildings have literally been picked up and sent to this one location to create the largest folk museum in WA.
- One of Kalamunda’s big draw cards is the landscape. The hills are covered in bush land and if you like a walk in the forest, you’re not short of options in Kalamunda.
- Kanyana Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre has been looking after injured, sick and orphaned wildlife. June Butcher and her team have been looking after our wildlife since 1960. Visit our website: www.kanyanawildlife.org.au
- Check out Lesmurdie Falls for a spectacular view of Perth and of course, the amazing water falls.