Presenter: Matt Hale
Air Date: 14th May
Matt takes in the soundscape laid out by the wondrously skilled West Australian Symphony Orchestra that delight the ears of the Perth Concert Hall attendees.
- The West Australian Symphony Orchestra is the largest employer of performing artists in WA, reaching 2 million people each ear and has been around since 1928. The iconic Perth Concert Hall is the home of WASO, and this year the hall celebrates their 50th anniversary!
- The mainstage performances are as varied as the musicians in the orchestra, including performing with the WA Ballet and WA Opera in accompaniment to their “WASO at the movies” performance.
- WASO is not restricted to the Perth Concert Hall however, as they head out into the WA community. They employ over 80 full-time musicians to perform at all hours of the day.
- Mainstage concerts happen in the morning as well as all other times of day - the Morning Symphony concerts are shortened 1-hour versions of some of the evening performances.
- The Orchestra at a Morning Symphony is a must, and the perfect social outing. It’s a great price, convenient time and includes complimentary tea or coffee with an optional delicious set lunch you can add on for following the performance.
For more information: