Story: Northcliffe - The Gateway to a Getaway
Presenter: Diana Hills
Air Date: 14th May
Diana takes a seaside stroll in Northcliffe’s national parks as she explores the Windy Harbour.
- Windy Harbour by the beach is the perfect place to enjoy the day, looking for treasures washed by on the beach and to spot sea creatures in the rock pools.
- For the anglers, Windy Harbour is a great place to throw a line in. Australian Salmon migrate annually along the southern coastline for spawning each autumn.
- Hike the Coastal Survivors Track to Pt D’Entrecastreux and continue on the Cliff Top Walk to Tookalup, where you can spot the local wildlife in the coastal heath. Be sure to keep an eye out for dolphins, whales and seals swimming by!
- Exploring Pt D’Entrecasteaux by car and discover the fully accessible lookouts, visiting the Salmong Beach and Tookalup Lookouts to marvel over the view.
- Take some of the local produce in a picnic basket, because the limestone cliffs at the end of the sealed Pupalong Trail lead to the Window Lookout, the perfect place to enjoy the incredible scenery.
For more information: