Story: Scenic Flight
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 16 January 2022
Trevor heads up into the air on a 90-minute scenic flight with Fly Esperance. The scenery in Esperance is truly spectacular and seeing it from the air gives a true perspective of its vast beauty.
- Fly Esperance are the only locally based scenic flight operator in the area and they have scenic flights for all budgets.
- Departing from Myrup Airstrip, destinations include Lucky Bay, the New Esperance Jetty, Lake Hillier - the world-famous pink lake, and the rugged beauty of the Cape Legrand National Park.
- The planes allow every passenger a window seat to make the most of the experience.
- Trevor and Pilot Elise explore the Esperance area, flying over the township which has a population of 14,000 people, passing Cape Legrand National Park where you can see hiking trails, Lucky Bay, and the beautiful Woody Island.
- Trevor learns that the name Esperance originates from the French word for hope. The tour is packed full of historical information and interesting commentary.
- Fly Esperance offer free pickups and drop-offs from your Esperance Accommodation and have packages for every budget starting from $150.00 per person. Package deals with Esperance Island cruises are also available.
For more information, head to: