Story: Harvey River Estate
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 21 November 2021
Harvey is a part of the Geographe wine region. It’s known for producing premium award-winning wines and is home to 57 growers and 26 producers. Nikki ignites her taste buds at one of the most renowned wineries in this region.
- The town of Harvey sits on the foot of the Darling Ranges and near the Indian Ocean.
- In the late 1980’s early 1990’s the Harvey region, which has a strong history in citrus orchards and dairy, saw the development of several vineyards in the area.
- In 1999, the Sorgiovanni family, who founded Harvey Fresh, saw an opportunity to enter the wine industry and established Harvey River Estate.
- Winemaker, Stuart Pierce, has worked with the family since 2005 and prides himself on his hands-on approach in the vineyard and winery.
- Harvey River Estate offer seated tastings and tastings flights at the cellar door, as well as cheese boards paired with some local ingredients.
- All of their wines are available to purchase from the cellar door and online, with postal delivery.
For more information, head to: