Story: Australind Foreshore
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Air Date: 21 November 2021
When it comes to Harvey, most people think of rolling green hills and farmland. However, Carmen shows us that Harvey is also a world-class aquatic paradise.
- Australind is located only 1hr 30min from Perth.
- Australind is virtually surrounded by water thanks to the Brunswick and Collie Rivers and the Leschenault estuary.
- It’s the perfect location for a bit of recreational fishing, boating, and wildlife spotting.
- The name Australind comes from the Western Australian land company that purchased the land to breed horses in 1840 with the intent to sell them to India. To make the deal more appealing, they included India in the name.
- The Ridley place foreshore park is a great spot for the whole family to enjoy. There are cafes, picnic facilities, and lots of shelters to shade from the sun.
- This region is famous for the blue manner crab and is home to the big blue crab. Great for the kids to play on and the perfect place for a selfie.
For more information, head to: